Stunned, Helpless

More and more, almost on a daily basis, I wonder what the hell the world is coming to.

Is this really the world that I'm going to one day bring children into?

Senseless acts of violence. Destruction. Hatred.

I sit here absolutely stunned. What is wrong with our world that we are breeding people who think that random acts of violence are ok? That this is the way to get attention, by carrying out some sick and twisted "goal." 

I don't understand. But, in this moment, and in the moments surrounding these ever-growing stories in the news, I'm afraid for our future. Absolutely terrified.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims in Boston. 

And my prayers go out to the people in the world who make horrific plans like this. May God heal your damaged souls, and replace the hatred in your hearts. 

This is my helpless prayer.



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I am always speechless when acts of violence like this happen, which is all too often these days. The thought of bringing children into a world this sad and frightening really weighs on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just so hard to understand. How do you make sense of this. I live in Boston just 4 miles from the finish line. I'm safe at home now (was at work when it happened). I am sick to my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. It's just disgusting and horrifying.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!