Blog Every Day in May {Day 23}


Day 23, Thursday: Things you've learned that school won't teach you


~as a teacher, you may have to put on your Private Investigator hat to track a parent down

{via}
~people treat you the way you allow them to treat you. Don't settle.

~being an adult sometimes isn't all it's cracked up to be -->

~Men really are from Mars, and Women really are from Venus. Read that book. It will change how you view relationships forever, in a positive way.

~people skills/social skills sometimes matter more than what level of education you have and will get you through some of the most awkward and difficult situations

~flipping someone off in the car is probably only going to make them do something else stupid, rather than apologize (doesn't stop me from doing it from time to time tho!)

~meeting and becoming friends with quality people will always outweigh having a quantity of friends

~saying "I don't know" is alright, as long as you intend to find an answer

~ my personal favorite, which should be no surprise, "Everything happens for a reason." Trust it.


I'm sure there are lots of other ones, but I think those are some of the more important ones.


How about, for some fun, things that school taught me that you'd be surprised about:

~how to tell if you're healthy, based on your poop being a "sinker" or a "floater" (Trish, you remember Women's Health at UMD!)
{via}

~the difference between anal beads and butt plugs (yes, this was actually discussed in one of my classes in college...my parents would be SO happy...). Side note: this is not something I ever wanted to know...

~that I can live off of EasyMac and Ramen Noodles if I HAVE to.

~when told you have a single index card to write down information, I CAN write so small that an entire semester's worth of information makes it onto that card.



How's that for some unexpected/funny things I learned in school? :)

4 comments:

  1. Good lessons to learn..

    What kind of college class were YOU TAKING?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...had to laugh about your list, might add the flipping off someone in the car, not only means they'll probably do something else stupid, but now they have you playing the stupid game.
    Didn't Learn this in School

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the gifs you used. The flashcard one had me craking up. This was ALWAYS me in my Math in Society calls in college. I could never remember all those formulas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so right about all these lessons. I can def stand to trust the whole "everything happens for a reason" mantra alot more.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!