Blog Every Day in May {Day 25}


Day 25, Saturday: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)


Well, it's difficult to pick just ONE thing that someone has said about me that sticks out in my brain.

But, I will say the general thing that means the world to me, and makes me truly appreciate what I do, is when a parent tells me what a difference I've made in their child's speech/language skills. And I love seeing a kid's face light up when they finally "get" something that they've been working hard on, or when they tell me that I'm their favorite teacher. They make my heart go pitter-patter and get all fuzzy inside.

So, in more of a general way, I'd say that anytime someone let's me know that something I've done has helped them/their child, makes my day. And I hang onto those compliments, especially when I'm stressed out and overwhelmed with meetings.

It's the little things in life that make the biggest impact :)

2 comments:

  1. It makes my day too when I receive compliments from the children I work with. Only the other day I was telling a pupil how wonderful their work was. She gave me a big hug and said thank you so much. That compliment to her had meant so much and that made me so happy. You are right, we need to hang onto these things at stressful times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what you do (my sister in law is in the same career) and you guys much such a difference to those children's lives.

    http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!