Recipe: Summer Squash and Pesto Shrimp Pasta

I dunno about you, but I love a good pasta dish. But, sometimes in the summer it's a bit too hot to chow down on a big bowl of pasta. Until now!

I saw this recipe on Pinterest (of course) and tweaked it a bit.

What You Need:
-2 medium zucchini
-2 medium yellow squash
-1 lb. shrimp, thawed
-1 jar of pesto
-1 tsp minced garlic
-1/2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
-3/4 box of Cellentani pasta (or Cavatappi)
-olive oil
-salt/pepper

What You Do:

1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions in a large pot. When it's done, drain it and return to the pot. 


(left pic) 2. While the pasta is cooking, slice up your zucchini and squash. Cut into fourths (kind of like triangles). Chop up the dill. Add these to a large skillet along with some salt and pepper, and some olive oil. Saute until the veggies become soft. Set aside.

3. Using the same skillet, add about 1-2 tsp minced garlic, along with some olive oil. Add in your shrimp and cook. -->

4. In the pot with your pasta, add in the veggies, and the shrimp. Mix it together. Then add in about 4 Tbsp olive oil and as much pesto as you'd like. I used almost the entire jar of pesto (about 6-7 Tbsp).

5. Stir it all together...

6. Plate it up. I had mine with a bit of Parmesan cheese on top and it made the dish!

You can have this warm or cold. I preferred warm, but cold wasn't bad either! :)
The dish isn't too heavy, so it's perfect for a summer time pasta fix!

P.S. don't forget to enter my $50 giveaway to Shabby Apple. Entries end this Friday, so go enter, and tell a friend to enter!
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!