Wedding Wednesday

One of my friends told me recently that I don't talk about my wedding enough on here, so I thought I'd participate in Wedding Wednesday. (And a side note sorry for those of you who don't feel like I've shared enough--I try not to make my blog JUST about my wedding since it's not the ONLY thing going on in my life. And I'm in a planning lull right now which I'm really enjoying haha).
Anyway, let's get to it!

Our wedding date is April 12, 2014, just 4 1/2 months left! (not that I'm counting....)

I know I've mentioned that we ordered the bridesmaid dresses, but I dont think I ever showed you what they would look like. With lots of help from my soon-to-be sister in law, I picked a designer, the color, and the fabric, and then all of my bridesmaids picked their own style of dress that they wanted. We went with Bill Levkoff, Regency color in chiffon. This is the closest picture I could find to what they would look like, except ours aren't long:
{via}
I think the purple is gonna look great on all of my ladies and I can't wait to see them in their dresses and all of the styles!

As for what's going on right now, like I said earlier, we are kind of in a planning lull right now since we were so on top of things so early on. So, lately the wedding-related planning has centered around my bridal shower  and bachelorette party dates, and details relating to those two.

MG's bachelor party is the same weekend as my bridal shower which makes it nice to have the whole place boy-free for my girls to come into town and stay! I'm SUPER excited for the bridal shower and bachelorette parties, to be with my friends, and celebrate this day that I've waited so long for :)

Next on the list: MG and I decided that we aren't going to get each other Christmas gifts this year. Instead, we are going to get each other our wedding bands (and a card, cuz this girl loves a card with a handwritten note from my dude!) I can't wait to go and pick out our wedding bands :)

That's about all for the wedding stuff. I'll share more details as they come!

11 comments:

  1. Yay wedding stuff!

    I can see how you don't just wanna make your blog about your wedding, because there are other fun things going on in your life. But, it is your blog and if you wanna post lots of wedding stuff, just do it. You'll wanna look back on this year and see all the fun that happened between May 2013 and April 2014. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE that color for the bridesmaids dresses! You were right, looks totally different than online. You should participate in Wedding Wednesday more often :) Although I am kind of biased. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's neat that y'all are getting each others bands for Christmas. Stopping by from the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are doing Bill Levkoff dresses as well. My girls haven't ordered theirs yet (we aren't getting married until June) but I can't wait to see what they end up looking like. I am like you and letting them pick the style they want. I'd love to see more wedding things! I love how many of us are planning our weddings...so exciting!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay bachelorette weekend! It's nice that y'all are doing them at the same time-- that way one of you isn't sitting around wondering what the other is doing. You'll both be occupied. :) And I love that your Christmas gifts this year are wedding rings-- so sweet. :) Feel free to post all you like about your wedding!! I, for one, LOVE reading about wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the color of the bridesmaid dresses! They will be such pretty pops of color and will really set off the white of your dress! :) And seriously, Jenn - talk about your wedding as much as you want! We love reading about it! (Enjoy the holiday lull - the wedding planning frenzy will pick back up as soon as the holidays are over! )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the planning lull while it lasts! We had our lull around this time of year and then ramped right up into wedding mode straight after Christmas, our wedding was exactly a month before yours so you might get a few extra weeks to recover from the festive season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to hear more!
    The colour of the dresses is GORG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always share more wedding stuff.
    I can't wait to see the pics from your big day.
    Very cool that you parties will be the same weekend. Ours wasn't and it was a logistical nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenn, I just dropped by from the link up and I love your blog! I just got married in September - our colors were purple as well. Enjoy your shower and bachelorette party!! xo, Brittany from Perpetually Daydreaming

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!