Last day of 2013

First of all, can we take a second and just say, when did that happen?
Looking back on it, I feel like it was a regular length year filled with good stuff, great stuff, and (like anything else) some not so great things, too.

When 2013 started, I had at least 3 separate people tell me that they thought 2013 was going to be my best year yet. How these people knew that, I had no idea, but they weren't wrong!

2013 held several milestones for me like turning 30 (which wasn't as sad, scary or horrible as I thought it was going to be), and that little old thing called getting engaged, in May :)

So, the last part of 2013 has involved some wedding planning. Luckily it hasn't taken over my life like it can, but I have a feeling that the beginning of 2014 is going to be slightly more wedding-focused since it's coming in April!

2013 also involved several trips:
One to mexico last January to celebrate MG's brother in law's 40th. It was such a fun trip and a great time spent with MG, his sisters and brothers-in-law, without any kiddos.

Another was our trip to NYC for my 30th birthday. MG surprised me with the whole thing including the hotel, my birthday dinner spot, and then Wicked on Broadway.

We went to Puerto Rico  during my Spring Break, which was an awesome beach and a great vacation!

This summer we went to the lake/mountains in PA and SC this summer to see some friends.

And then MN to see some other friends and watch the Vikings play.
Come to think of it, we did quite a bit of traveling this year :)

We've celebrated some friends' engagements and weddings...

And I even had my friends with me to find the wedding dress for MY big day:

We got our engagement pictures taken, which I absolutely love:

We've dealt with some drama...but let's not dwell on that (I've spent too much of my time on it as it is..) Time to look forward!

Overall, this year was filled with friends, family, love, support, happiness, surprises, and plans for the future.
2013 has been wonderful...I couldn't have asked for more. And I have a feeling that 2014 is gonna be just that much better :)

3 comments:

  1. You have had a great year and 2014 is sure to be even better! So glad we have gotten to be friends and I await meeting you in 2014! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great year and I know you can't wait for all 2014 holds! CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2013 was amazing, but 2014 will be even better. You're getting MARRIED! Eeeek! So excited for you, sweet girl. Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!