Book Review: The Rosie Project

I've got another great book recommendation for you! And, it's another one that's $1.99 on Amazon for your Kindle!
{via} click here to take you to Amazon
Here is the Amazon summary:
MEET DON TILLMAN, a brilliant yet socially challenged professor of genetics, who’s decided it’s time he found a wife. And so, in the orderly, evidence-based manner with which Don approaches all things, he designs the Wife Project to find his perfect partner: a sixteen-page, scientifically valid survey to filter out the drinkers, the smokers, the late arrivers.

Rosie Jarman is all these things. She also is strangely beguiling, fiery, and intelligent. And while Don quickly disqualifies her as a candidate for the Wife Project, as a DNA expert Don is particularly suited to help Rosie on her own quest: identifying her biological father. When an unlikely relationship develops as they collaborate on the Father Project, Don is forced to confront the spontaneous whirlwind that is Rosie—and the realization that, despite your best scientific efforts, you don’t find love, it finds you. 

I read several reviews before I bought this book, and many of them said that if you love Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, you'd love this book. Well, I LOVE Big Bang Theory, so I was all in.

I'd caution you against reading the book totally thinking about Sheldon, though. I kept imagining Sheldon and it distracted me from the story, because the main character wasn't 100% Sheldon. 

As I got into the book, I found myself laughing at certain things that were said/done, and just really enjoying the character development and story line as it progressed.

It was a totally fun story, and I really really liked reading it. Definitely a nice, easy read with a different perspective of a main character than you're probably used to.

4 comments:

  1. I was debating if I wanted to read this one. I has decided not to based on the reviews but maybe I should rethink that now based on your review and the price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading machine... I love Sheldon, but only in spurts haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm adding it to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such great things about this one! Definitely a book I'm hoping to pick up!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!