Hashtag Christmas Recap

Since I didn't get a chance to recap my Christmas/weekend on Monday because we were driving back (and I was too lazy to do it while I was at my in-laws'), I figured I'd combine my recap with Hashtag Humpday with Lauren
#Hashtaghumpday @ Genuinely Lauren
Plus, it's the last day of 2014, and I can do what I want! :)

Christmas eve morning started out with Coop and I accidentally getting locked out of the house. Which then lead to Cooper getting muddy and a scrape on his chin and me climbing the back fence and deck to get in. Long story short: #itsucked

Cooper got groomed that morning which he needed anyway and came out looking #sofreshandsocleanclean #sosoft
That afternoon MG and I packed up the car with our stuff and our presents and made the drive up to PA in the rainy/foggy mess. What should have taken 2.5 hours took 4 and we missed going to Mass with the family, but at least we made it! #unhappycampers #itdidntfeellikeXmasEve

That evening we went to MG's aunt's place for some Christmas eve fun with food, drinks and the fam and later that night helped get the presents loaded for the next morning. The pups looked on in cute puppy-ness:
#whatchadoinguys? #stopmessingwiththosepresentsandpetus
Thursday morning I woke up next to my husband for the first time on a Christmas morning (so nice), and we made our way with his parents over to his oldest sister's house in our PJs. The kids were up in their rooms, eagerly awaiting our arrival (and their ability to go downstairs and rip through their gifts) #somanypresents #kindaspoiled #floorcoveredinwrappingpaper
After the flurry of gifts unwrapped by the kids, the adults exchanged gifts. MG got me an awesome pair of boots that I had wanted along with a Michael Kors navy vest and a necklace that I've had my eye on for years. #hedidgood
MG loved the gifts that I got him, and his parents surprised us with this super fancy smart thermostat for our house, along with various other gifts (like clothes, matching robes for me and my SIL's, etc) and some cash money #okaymaybewearespoiledtoo

Talked to my parents on the phone that morning to wish them a Merry Christmas since I wasn't there with them (luckily we were able to celebrate the weekend before, so all wasn't lost) #lovemyparents
That night we made our way to my other SIL's house in NJ and had our Christmas dinner together. My SIL did it up big time and had a beautiful table decorated and dinner ready for us. We opened more presents after dinner and me and the sisters and brothers in law all did our Secret Santa exchange.  #itsourtradition
I had my brother-in-law Joe for the second time out of 3 years, and lucky for me, he's a character. I got him the most perfect gift ever (for him): An Eagles onesie for men!
#mansie #seriouslyitscalledamansie

My SIL's mother in law was so sweet and got MG and I an ornament representing our new house. And MG's mom's friend made an ornament for us out of our wedding invitation. I'm in love!
#itsperfect

Friday was a low key day for everyone, recovering from the holiday festivities, and that night we went to see Unbroken with MG's parents and sister. It was incredible and I highly recommend watching the movie if you haven't read the book
#amazingstory

Saturday morning MG and I drove to NY to see his best friend, and our couple friend from VA was in NY so they met up with us that night for dinner. MG and I spent the day walking around NY, and had the famous crab and pork soup dumplings for a late lunch #soupdumplingsforthewin

We walked through Central Park and Rockefeller Center, and I got to see the Today show's studios. I'll be honest, the streets were jam packed near 30Rock and after a little over an hour of crowds and getting pushed around, I was ready to get out of there #crowdsmakemecranky
(the only way it would have been worse was if everyone had a shopping cart #CostcoOnAWeekend)
#artsy
Late afternoon, we met up with MG's best friend and girlfriend, our friends joined us, and we all went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant which had THE most amazing food #mexicanisneverabadidea

After dinner our couple friends left to head home and the 4 of us went to a hotel bar that looked straight out of the 20's or 30's. I channeled my inner Downton Abbey while drinking a Chardonnay #goingbackintime

We headed back to our friend's place and went up to his rooftop which had almost a 360 degree view of the city. He's right by Gramercy Park so the view was incredible. #goodviewscostmegadough
After staying up chatting, laughing and catching up, we finally headed to bed to giggles and funny comments

MG and I made our way back to Philly Sunday afternoon after grabbing brunch with our friends. Traffic was a breeze, thankfully. We lounged around and spent time with MG's parents and then his sister, brother in law, and their kids all came over for dinner and to hang out. #funchaos

And then Monday morning we packed up and headed home. A busy, super fun-filled, first Christmas together as a married couple came to an end, but with so many amazing memories to last us!
#luckiestgirlintheworld

How was that for a recap? 

Hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve and some fun celebrating tonight! #popthatbubbly 

12 comments:

  1. Omg you guys did a whole east coast tour by car. Sounds like a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first married Christmas is always so much fun!!! I'm so sad we're a week apart in going to NYC...2015 will be the year you come to Boston right?! Hope you have a wonderful NYE and can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for you!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ornament is awesome! I want to steal that idea...HAHAHA. Glad you had a great Christmas and hope you have a wonderful New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great first married Christmas! Your ornament is adorable. Can't wait to follow along for 2015! Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ornament! You were all over the place for Christmas. But the dumplings, oh they look so good!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys definitely fit a lot into just a couple of days! Sounds like a great first married Christmas though:) Loving that you got to spend so much time with family and friends, and also fit in a mini-holiday trip to NYC - so fun! (despite the crowds:) Hoping that you have a very Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what 2015 brings for your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun travels! Sounds like a Christmas filled with family and friends! Can't beat that. Happy New Year!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Christmas! Well minus getting locked out of the house of course! Cooper looks so cute and fluffy after his grooming!! Glad you had a wonderful first Christmas as a married couple and cheers to many many more! Happy New Year pretty lady!!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous view of the city! Looks like a fabulous christmas break with family! Hope you have a fun and safe NYE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas sounds perfect! Where in NJ were you? I was planning to make a trip into the city but life just got in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been making these ornaments for the past few weddings we've been to - it's been so fun getting pictures of them on actual trees this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys definitely got spoiled! So jealous you can just drive to NY. Definitely one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!