{Recipe Files}:Sesame Zoodles with Shrimp

I saw this recipe on Pinterest (via Cookies and Cups) and decided to add shrimp to it, to add in a little extra protein. So, this recipe can be made with or without the shrimp.

What You Need:
I only used 3 zucchini. We did not have leftovers.
For the sauce:
-1/4 Cup Soy sauce (low sodium)
-2 Tbsp rice vinegar
-2 tsp sriracha sauce
-1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
-2 cloves minced garlic (or 1 tsp from jar)
-2 Tbsp sesame oil *(you can use olive oil instead)

-4-5 medium zucchini (if you want leftovers)
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-3/4 lb shrimp, peeled, tail off (we used pre-cooked)
-Optional: sesame seeds

What You Do:

1. Use a spiralizer on your zucchini. Use a large bowl to collect the zoodles in.
2. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients together for the sauce with a whisk. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the shrimp and cook until heated through (I added in a bit of garlic as well).

4. Add in the zoodles and saute for about 3-4 minutes, until slightly soft. There may be some excess liquid that comes out of the zoodles when cooking. If so, drain it.
5. Add in the sauce and toss to combine.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!

This is by far my favorite zoodle recipe that I've tried thus far. It is so rich in flavor, but still light so you don't feel gross and stuffed afterwards. I will absolutely be making this dish again because it is SO good!

Check out some of my other recipes in my Recipes Page.

18 comments:

  1. This sounds sooooo yummy! Minus the shrimp... lol! I don't eat seafood (I"m weird like that!) but the zoodles and the sauce, yum! I'll just make it with chicken instead!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this next week!! I need to get some sesame seeds - I feel like that takes this to the next level!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good girl! I can't wait to finally get back to cooking on my own ;-) p.s I think I totally have that same mixing bowl set lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so again, this look amazing. WHy I haven't I ordered one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting for this one! Delicious! I actually think I'm going to finally order a spiralizer this week so I can try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummmmmmm! I don't zoodle (I know, I need to! I'll have to start with mixing zoodles and noodles together to work Eric, and maybe Mia, into the idea, HA!) do you think this recipe would work with pasta as well? I'm seriously itching to go buy a spiralizer thing TODAY just to try this (but you know, with some pasta mixed in as well. CHEATER!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! Zoodle recipes are the best in the summer when I can't handle anything extra heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! I need this like now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am crazy pumped i read this this morning because i have ALL of this in my pantry. totally making this for lunch so i'll let you know what i think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinning this! I love that you used peanut butter. Sounds so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah, these look amazing!! We love shrimp in our house. I am STILL in need of a spiralizer to jump on the zoodles bandwagon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i must try this!!!great post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! This looks delish... love zoodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. umm yes please! I have GOT to get back to cooking (i seriously cannot remember the last time I did and with me being at home I need to up my game!) This looks so good! Ps have I told you lately how much I love the blog layout/design? Hope your day has been great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. i've seen this recipe and it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The spiralizer is awesome. This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made shrimp zoodle pad thai yesterday. THe zucchini is really great with asian flavours!!!
    Making this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!