{WHW}: Back to School/Work edition

So, today will be my third day back at work, but today I'm leaving my Ella bear at home with MG--his first full day being the sole caretaker! It should be interesting!!

Going back to work has been an adjustment for sure especially making sure that I have everything for each day for Ella at daycare. The first day I had about 400 bags of different things and ended up leaving without her milk for the day. #mombrain  Luckily MG was still home and drove to where I was and dropped it off so that I didn't have to turn around and drive back and forth again.

It's SO hard to leave her--I know she's in great hands with my friend/babysitter. Her two sons love Ella so much and I get pictures throughout the day. But the start of the school year always brings so much stress and anxiety, and coupled with breastfeeding/pumping, daycare drops offs and pickups, and trying to sleep (plus getting the cold that Ella got this weekend)....it's just a lot. 

Lots of tears have been shed the past couple of days, and I'm sure more are coming too. I know in my heart that this feeling isn't forever (it better not be!!), but for right now, my feeling is overwhelmed!

So for now, I'm just trying to figure out what my "new normal" is going to be. All while prepping to get a school year off and rolling by Monday!
Distract me and share what's hap-"pinning" with you all!


14 comments:

  1. Been thinking about you all week! Hang in there momma! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a great Mom! I can only imagine how hard it is to leave her every day but on the flip side, you're so lucky to be leaving her with a friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got this! I promise, each day gets easier and easier and you'll find your groove and routine in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mama, back to work is always a tough one. It really does get easier, but in the meantime I am sending a few extra prayers your way for strength and the week to go as smooth as possible! HUGS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw it's ok to go through all the emotions girl! just take it day by day and hang in there. i cant wait to hear how your husband does with her today. i'm sure you'll get tons of photos! <3

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard right now but it WILL get better! Big hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending lots of love your way!!! It will get easier. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will get better, doll! You had a lot of things thrown at you all at once and you're handling them like a champ!!! I am so impressed you even remembered the milk BEFORE getting her all the way to daycare! You're going to get the hang of things in no time! Been thinking about you allll week! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you this week AND hoping y'all feel better too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there my friend. It will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no. It is rough going back to work after a baby and leaving them all day long. I feel your pain. It does get easier, but my heart still breaks everytime I drop my girls off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there, it will get better. Change is so hard. I hope your first week is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you! Hope you get your routine down so that things go smoothly. My trickiest thing is as a parent is all the unexpected. I'll plan ahead and pack, but then someone needs a diaper change or dumps their drink all down their outfit and we have to change as we were walking out the door. Things do get easier as you settle into your new normal ((( hugs )))

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got this, strong mama! I can't even imagine how much it must stink to leave that adorable baby, but at least she's in great hands :)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!