{Weekly Wins}: Goose Egg

Happy Friday, friends!!! We made it through to another week and are hopefully no worse for the wear!

Like any week, this had some downs, but it also had some wins, too!

~As I mentioned yesterday, Ella has started walking more and more. She's letting go of things she was cruising on, and taking several steps which is a huge win!
But this win is that she survived her first goose egg from a fall. Darn that coordination! Luckily she was a trooper through it and doesn't seem phased by it at all!
the night of, following the incident that afternoon
the morning after
~My oldest niece, who was featured in their local paper this past weekend, also just scored her 100th goal in lacrosse this week! She is a rock star on the field, and she's an amazing kid off of it. So proud of her!
~Girls night tonight to celebrate my friend Kelly's birthday coming up!!

~A potential winery hang out with my friend MK, her husband and daughter on Saturday, weather permitting! The last time the 6 of us went to a winery, the girls were only 3 and 4 months old! So teeny!!!
~This nice message on Padlet from one of my coworkers, left for all staff to read. Warmed my heart to read this and be recognized:

~A baby shower Sunday for a friend who I swore her baby shower was last weekend, but realized I looked at the RSVP by date instead of the actual shower date (which made me miss my other friends' bridal shower because of my bozo move)!

~Birthday cake and smash cake ordered for Ella's first birthday. Decorations have arrived, the menu is planned, and I just need to print out her monthly photos to hang on the banner I got for them (and then remember to bring everything up with us to NJ!) Her pink tutu and "one" onesie are at home and ready to go too! I can't believe she's really turning 1!
No flower, and there will be gold instead of silver to go with the pink and gold theme for her party!
~Now that Ella is walking, I caught a whiff of baby fever this week, realizing that my baby isn't such a baby anymore. Eeeeek!

**I'm hopeful that another win this week will be that Ella avoids getting pink eye that another boy at daycare had as of yesterday morning. REALLY hoping that she avoids it even though I know this stuff is contagious as all get out. Pray for us!**

Sending out some special prayers to a special blog friend who is waiting on some news today! Thinking of you, sweet friend!

Happy Weekend!!!

22 comments:

  1. Aww the shiner just means she's getting better and trying! I love the cake that you are going for - so cute! Have a great pink eye free weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor sweet girl and her goose egg. She’s mastering it mama. Such an adorable cake! I included your Wednesday post as a favorite at the Blended Blog today as you said what so many of us are feeling or have felt! Have a wonderful, healthy, sun shiny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet girl! It's crazy how fast this year has gone by....seems like it really wasn't that long ago I remember you announcing you were pregnant. Hoping you are praying for the same sweet girl I'm praying for this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake is so cute! And oh girl, I feel you on the bumps/scrapes: poor Knox always falls so much that he consistently has skinned knees and bumps on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that sweet face! poor thing but glad she survived her first head tumble without too much fuss. that note on the wall at work is so great - those little things mean so much i swear :) happy weekend!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much joy all in one post! Minus the goose egg, of course, but hooray for many steps taken! What a fantastic note from your co-worker! Sounds like you are doing an excellent job and impacting and inspiring those around you. Happy party planning! Pink eye is no fun. Hope your girl (and you all) are spared from getting that! Have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Ella!! I'm sure her fall phased y'all more than it did her haha! And love that cake! Cannot believe she's almost one! I feel like we were just waiting on you to have her!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  8. So crazy I think Bowen's first goose egg was in the exact same place! haha I love that cake and totally want some now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only Ella can pull off that adorable little bump!!!! And we are trying to avoid pink eye (for a 2nd time), pneumonia, and hand-foot&mouth which are ALL currently issues at our daycare. Hopefully none of these put wrenches in the birthday plans!! (seriously... 1year?!) XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cake! Poor baby and her goose egg, just wait more to come, but its so fun to see them learning new things and toddling around... and oh the baby fever. I have it bad watching Ella grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless her little heart! It's always so scary when they get a goose egg like that! I'm sure that will be the first of many. I hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you make it to the winery! I can't believe her first birthday is almost here!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no the goose egg looks so painful! Walking is such a great milestone but I guess it may came with accidents. Poor girl! Her birthday cake is so cute! I can't believe she's turning 1 already! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ella is so pretty! No wonder you are getting baby fever! It is great to see that Lacrosse is played in the US - it used to be really popular here but has kind of died out. A winery visit sounds fabulous - hoping you post the pics on that. The cake looks gorgeous - I don't know what a smash cake is though (I've never heard that mentioned before!) please let me know what it is :) Have a lovely week and best wishes for Ella to avoid the dreaded pink eye x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for the birthday cakes being ordered, I can't wait to see it all come together. Poor baby girl with her little goose egg, sending lots of hugs and boo boo kisses! Have fun at the winery <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, poor little thing! My daughter just took a fall today, too. It's amazing how sad a little fall can be for us mamas, haha! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo that goose egg!! It always hurts us more than it hurts them I think. A winery hang out sounds AMAZING! We are suppose to have good weather tomorrow, kind of wish it was today too so we can sit outside and enjoy. Praying for no pink eye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL the first goose egg of many. kids are so clumsy it's unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first of many bumps and bruises! V currently has a huge black goose egg from running into a door frame!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to see Ella's first birthday party photos. It is going to be soooo cute. I remember the bumps and bruises from walking. Now my girls get them from falling off of things. Big time climbers. It is only the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah can't believe Ella will be 1 soon, so exciting when they start to walk along side things and take their first steps :-)

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my heavens bless her little head! Cannot wait to see party pics friend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!