{WHW}: A New Year

Happy hump day, lovies!
Today marks the second official day of school for students in my county, and it's already started off with a bang for me! (more on that below)
Let's get caught up...

Family:
My in-laws celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last week. They're away on a trip to Maine, so in addition to our celebrations down the shore a few weeks ago, MG and I sent them a bottle of wine and dessert of their choosing at their anniversary dinner since we couldn't be with them. 50 years is quite the accomplishment!

At our house, we're adjusting to me being back at work as best as we can. I've got two crock pot meals going this week (Salsa chicken yesterday and meatballs today) to ease up on the demand for cooking etc now that kids are back at school making the days longer.
my "helper" :)
Within 3 days of daycare last week, Ella came home with a runny nose and it's been running ever since. MG caught her cold and I stayed unscathed (thank you saline nasal spray and Zicam!) which is a change from last year when I'd get any and every germ she had.
Also, how is she going to be 16 months tomorrow?? Where is the time going???

Our oldest niece is off to college and loving college life it seems. Crazy to think she's off on her own now, but so glad that she's adjusting so well!

Work:
I'm basically going cross eyed after attempting to create my schedule, and looking at 7 grades worth of teacher schedules, plus specials/lunch schedules in order to determine when I can pull kids. It's crazy! I'm also trying to advocate for myself with my administrators who gave me bus duty before and after school when I'm split between two schools, and currently not even getting the mandated amount of planning time in my schedule as it is. I'm sure they're looking at it as though I'm not being a team player, but in reality, I'm just trying to stick up for myself in order to get my job done, and done well. Which to be honest, gives me knots in my stomach because I'm not a wave maker--I'm a rule follower and a do-what-you're-told-er. But I've learned over the years that if I don't say something, no one will, and better to stick up for myself than to just shoulder another burden and stress myself out even more. Even if it means them looking over my shoulder and making me prove to them how busy I am.
Blah.

Fun:
I am literally counting down the days, minutes, seconds until we see Hamilton this Friday! I seriously can't wait and it will definitely be a bright spot at the end of a really long week.

MG and I finally made it to bartaco this weekend! We saw that it had opened near us many months ago and after seeing Amanda rave about it (and all of her snaps there on the weekends), it made me want to try it even more. The weather was gorgeous and we got a table outside, with no wait, and enjoyed so many of their tacos--including a secret one with lobster!--their guac, and the churros with chocolate sauce. Ella's face says it all with how we enjoyed it, chocolate face and all!
Afterwards we spent some time on the lawn, soaking up the gorgeous weather.
Sunday Ella took a 2+ hour nap (praise!!!) so we missed a friend's birthday party, but instead we took a walk along the water in Old Town with E-bear and took a path that was "less traveled" and discovered this historical land mark for where the original state lines were for DC and Virginia. 
someone was excited!
Adult Stuff:
I can't remember if I mentioned it here previously, but our neighbors had told us about the cleaning company they used for their house, and we had been talking about maybe getting a cleaning service anyway. So we used them the other week, and then they came again on Monday. Can I tell you how nice it is to walk into your house at the end of a work day and have beds changed with fresh sheets, a nice clean scent and everything glistening??? Amazing! Best money we've spent, and now we have that much more time together on the weekends because it's not spent cleaning toilets, etc.

Tomorrow we go in for our consultation with our fertility doctor and I'm nervous. I'm anxious and...scared isn't the right word, but maybe timid? Trying to keep my mind and my heart open, while also keeping the stress and fears at bay for now. Send us some positive vibes if you have a sec!

On that note, I'm gonna depart! Make sure you link up with Jessi and I and share what's hap-"pinning" with you!!



14 comments:

  1. I hope that your principals listen to your needs! So jealous of you going to see Hamilton! It's going to be great!! And yes to a cleaning service! I had a housekeeper while I was doing my masters degree, and if it were in the budget right now, I'd get her back! It was the best money ever spent!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes girl...advocate for yourself!! It's something that has taken me so dang long to learn. We had a back to school bug last weekend and I hope that is the end of that. Blah. But yea to a cleaning service! Our housekeeper graduated and got a real job in May and I have yet to replace her....really thought my kids were old enough to pick up the slack but I'm already over their whining. :) Happy Wednesday.

    Shelly | The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh where do I start? Good for you for standing up at work - that sounds crazy! Hamilton is going to be amazing and I want to hear all about it and I'm sending every good vibe and prayer in my body to y'all at your fertility doc appointment! Happy Wednesday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, 16 months?! time flies! oh, a cleaning service, how awesome. one day i will definitely do that.. one day. good luck with your fertility doctor, hope all goes well. i have my first appointment next week to start the process, so.. here's hoping all goes well over here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting someone to clean our house every other week was the best decision!! It just gives you more together time and that's so important to me, I'm sure you as well. Hope you don't have to keep doing bus duty. If you already have to go between two schools that a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: Work Say it, you are so right if you don't say something, no one will. Bus duty when you are not strictly at one school is ridiculous! OMG I love that pic of her in the stroller reaching for you! Good luck with the doctor and sending you continuous positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't bartaco AMAZING?! We went in Nashville last year and it was divine. Best margaritas I've ever tasted! Now to make them build one here in our city. Haha. Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your doctor visit goes well and that you can get some things to ease up at work. I think the house cleaner is totally worth it! Hope those back to school bugs stay away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow! Sending ALL the positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for meeting with the fertility doctor. Do you have leftover fertilized eggs from your last transfer? You are going to have so much fun seeing Hamilton this weekend. I have heard nothing but great things about it. 50 years is a very long time. My in-laws are 4 years away from that. We hope to plan something for them. I would love a cleaning service to come to my house. Definitely need to start budgeting that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow! Sending lots of good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you guys and your appointment. I want to see “Hamilton” so badly! And yes, we have a cleaning lady come once a month and it’s the best money ever spent. I love the way my house smells and looks when she’s gone! They recently opened a bartaco in Fort Worth and I keep thinking we need to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Split schools and bus duty? Nah.

    Love the stroller pic!

    Time is money. Cleaning team is money well spent.

    Good thoughts for the appointment today!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!