Rainy Weekend/Cold #2

Happy Tuesday friends…
Pardon my absence lately but my school system decided to block all blogs from being accessed, and I used to do my blogging either before school when I got here early, or during my lunch and now I can’t do either. So we will see how this shakes out.
Our weekend was pretty uneventful overall. Lots of rain (hoping you all in the hurricane’s path are doing alright and staying safe!), and cooler temps on Sunday made for lots of time indoors.
On Saturday went to Tysons (the mall), just to get out of the house for a bit and grab dinner. Macys was having an awesome sale, and I ended up snagging this adorable reversible jacket, and these two shirts for Ella for $30. I tried the jacket on her when we got home to see how it fit (huge of course), and when I took it off, she insisted on putting it back on, so I think we have a success hehe!

We got dinner at Bushel and Barrell around 5pm because we have a kid and no eat early like old people (Sarah, I know you can relate to the old people eating time based on your Insta-story this weekend). The food there was SO good--we got the tots with the cheesy cream sauce and two burgers which were super yum!
MG had to go in to work really early Sunday morning, so little miss and I had a morning of snuggles and fun to ourselves. She finds it funny to wear my socks (and insists on me putting them on her, even when they are on my feet), so I snapped a shot of this hilarity:
Ella also decided to perfect her stacking skills on Sunday and by the evening, she had stacked this set of blocks, totally on her own. I’m not as well versed in baby skill development, but I feel like this is pretty good fine motor abilities for a 16 month old!
Ella started coughing and had the tiniest of runny noses Sunday, and woke up Monday morning coughing a lot but in a good mood. So, here we are, cold #2 for the school year and only week 4 of daycare/preschool.
We made chili at home for dinner, and watched football—the perfect rainy Sunday activity.
Hoping your weekend was nice, and dry!

7 comments:

  1. She is darling! The sock picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness it sounds like your school is totally out to get ya! Between the other duties and blocking blogs, so unfair! Yay Ella!! She looks like a block stacking pro :) You are so close to getting to that age were they aren't sick all of the time and that my friend is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the socks are too much!! Sorry you've been getting so much rain and are on cold #2. Hopefully it's just a little boogies and nothing more. Our kids have had runny boogies/noses pretty much constantly since daycare. All in the name of building those immunities!!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chili on a rainy football sunday sounds perfect! Sorry about the cold and the blog blocking, so rude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness those little clothes are the cutest! She is going to look like a doll. And sorry for yet another cold... it's neverending when they're that tiny. The good news is that she'll outgrow it in about another year or so! Then her little immune system will be solid as a rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. E has those same flamingo pajamas and they are so cute haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like you may have figured this out by now, but when I worked at a place that blocked access, I would either write drafts in Word and email to myself, or I would use my phone as a hotspot and bring my own laptop.

    Sorry for the late comment, but I read this when you posted it and kept telling myself to comment but best laid plans you know!? Better late than never lol.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!