{WHW}: It's Falllllllll

Happy WHW, friends!

It's been a really busy start to the week (something that seems to keep happening) so I'm recapping the weekend way late, as usual.

Friday after work, MG and I had planned to go out to dinner with Ella, but she had a pretty epic meltdown as we were getting into the car, so we scrapped the plan and ordered pizza in instead. She was kind of cranky and fussy the rest of the evening off and on, so bedtime was very welcome when it came.
In the meantime, we play with milk cartons...because toys are just boring
Saturday was Clarendon Day in Arlington, so after a trip to Costco (because that's a Saturday activity when you're in your 30s), we headed over to meet up with our friends and their twins and check everything out. Luckily the weather held out for the most part, with a couple of sprinkles. The kids got some of the street food (they eat better than we do I swear!) and Ella enjoyed stopping and dancing to the music at some of the booths. 
We snapped a picture of the three amigos before we headed home for nap time.
That afternoon it was still nice out, and the first day of Fall so we took Ella to a nearby playground. Apparently every other family in the area had the same idea and it was way crowded, so we went off on one of the paths nearby and had a little Ella photo shoot before heading home and having dinner.
Sunday we ran errands in the rain just to get out of the house for a bit, and then settled in for an indoor day, and football. 
My fantasy football team is pretty terrible this year, which sucks after winning last year.

Other random updates:
MG and I have also started watching Suits and are totally into it.
Ella has started saying 'snack' (she says "nat"), and my name has now moved from "mama" to "mommy". Also, "mommy" apparently also means "give it to me" lol.
If you saw my Insta-story, you know that Ella also enjoys playing "night night" where she lays on the floor, we put a blanket over her and she says "night night". This kid. I love her to pieces.

Anyway, that's whats been going on here, with a TON of rain to accompany things since Sunday which has made for a pretty dreary week so far. 
Hoping your week has had sunshine and fun! Link up below and tell us about it!


12 comments:

  1. Haha "Mommy" = give it to me. Totally makes sense! Love the impromptu photos on the wood path- beautiful!!!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little pink dress on Ella! Wishing you lots of sunshine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh you guys have really gotten all the rain. horrible. also loved your stories of Ella at the playground. those pics are so cute! hope you get some relief from that rain soon

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella looks adorable in her little photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy... love to hear hate to hear it at 2am.... but man it feels good to change your name to it, right? She is just adorable Jenn, seriously, cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers to FALL fo' sho'! Love that close up of little E and her outfit - all the heart eyes! Hope y'all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Today is our first day of (what really feels like) fall and it's so nice -- even though it's still rainy and has been all month. I'm over it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to watch Suits sometime, too, but since all of the fall TV just started we probably won't start anything else for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The update on Ella is soo cute. I love when my girls call me mommy. It is the best. I have heard good things about Suits. I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness she is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love Suits, too! Ella is just precious - love her little outfit for the park!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suits is on my to-watch list--once I catch up on everything else!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!