Tasty Tuesday....on Wednesday

Yeah, I had started this post in preparation for Tuesday, and well, we see how well that worked out! But, I'm here today!!
The temps are dropping rapidly here in Virginia (seriously we went from summer heat to early winter's chill), and that calls for some cool weather recipes!

Here's what I've been cooking in my kitchen lately:
For those of you with an Instant Pot, this recipe is a must! Stuffed Pepper soup! I lowered the pepper amount because it gave it a spice to it, that I didn't think Ella would like. She devoured it, and so did we!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup--home made. This is a tried and true recipe for me--one I bust out every year when the temps get cooler. We eat ours with croutons and rye toast and butter. It's the best! Time consuming, but so delicious (and even better when it sits for a day or two).

Cauliflower "baked potato" Soup: This one is a great dupe for a baked potato soup, but without all the carbs, and you get a healthy dose of veggies in each bite! I think you could adapt this to the Instant Pot with a little bit more chicken stock. Anything with bacon bits is a win!

Here are a few recipes I want to try now that it's warmer:

Sicilian Rice Ball Casserole--this just sounds like it's packed with all kinds of deliciousness

Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Penne. It doesn't look healthy but it makes my mouth water just looking at the pic.
Swedish Meatballs. I've wanted to try making these for a while, plus I think it'd be a good change up from our easy crockpot meatballs (which we have on rotation almost every other week).
What are some recipes you bust out as soon as the weather turns colder? Share them with me so I can add them to my list!

Link up and share what's hap-"pinning" with you!


13 comments:

  1. Yum!! Gimme all the yummy soul warming soups!! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how you do it! Our dinners are so boring compared to these exotic soups-- they look delicious though!! That butternut squash soup...yummmm!!!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made a version of that pasta and it's DELICIOUS! Our fall go-tos are basically anything in the Crock Pot: Shepherd's Pie, roast, lots of soups, and any baked goods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look so good. The rice ball casserole is totally up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's soup season! Also loving these other recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "because ... SOUP" haha love it! I cannot wait to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to soup! I need to add this cauliflower soup to my list to try. Always looking for soups that are a little cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am making the rice ball casserole next week too. I love the idea of eating soups all the time because....soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love soup time! I just made some broccoli cheese soup with turnips to thicken which was good, but probably not as good as yours looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooouuuup!!!! I love me some soup! I need to try that cauliflower "potato" soup!! I bet it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want all the soup for cold weather! My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your broccoli and cheddar soup looks delicious and I love to indulge in some butternut squash soup this time of year! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ummm I need all of these soups right now! Sorry about the weather, I always feel spring and fall get skipped over pretty quickly. It's one extreme or the other :(
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!