{WHW}: Lately....

Lately I'm....

Reading: Beneath a Scarlet Sky and really enjoying it so far!

Eating: Soups! With temps in the 50s and 60s this week, we've got soup on the menu twice. Broccoli Cheddar and Cauliflower "baked potato" soup! Alllllll the yum!

Drinking: Smoothies. More yum!

Thankful: for my tribe

Grateful: that a day off of work yesterday happened to get me out of a tough IEP meeting, for the time being 

Feeling: hopeful and loved

Excited: for our annual trip to Minnesota coming up, seeing our friends, and the Vikings game of course!

Dreading: flying with an 18 month old. (Also feeling like I may not be above whipping out an iPad to entertain her for the flight for our sanity and everyone else's. No judgement.)

Watching: Suits...we are just burning through the seasons. And Poldark is back!

Enjoying: that Ella now gives me kisses when I drop her off at preschool by leaning in and going "mmmmm" and then blows me kisses too. #ohmymamaheart


Link up with Jessi and I below and share what's hap-"pinning" with you too!



14 comments:

  1. 18 month old kisses are the best... flying 18 month olds... not so! Let her get lots of walking out in the terminal. And then have EVERY snack handy. We made friends with the stewardess and she kept bringing us the snacks from first class!!!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're loving Suits!!! I need it to come back on haha!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cauliflower potato soup sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to all the soups! AND, no judgment here: you know my boys both have Kids Kindle Fires and sometimes they're the best sanity savers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg me picturing her blowing kisses is the CUTEST. and I'm jealous of your soup weather. it's gonna be 90 today (and will feel hotter). but I'm wearing boots anyway bc I don't care ha. also are you watching RHOC and below deck? I saw below deck early seasons were on yesterday and I miss ben haha.
    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. No judgement at all if you bust out the ipad - you gotta do what you gotta do! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so cute that she blows you kisses!! I never pass judgement on parents. You gotta so what you do sometimes and no one should judge you. I think its cute when kids are playing with ipads. They probably can use it better than I and just that makes me laugh. One time a little girl at the store told me to be quite because she was watching Paw Patrol. Ha but her Mom had asked me a question so I was answering her. It was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring out the iPad and target dollar spot random toys and window clings and all the snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I need to make more soups! It is cooler now and that is all I want it seems but I can't get my act together to make them haha

    So cute Ella giving kisses I love it when kids start with the kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had the day off too for Fall break - cheers to that! LOVE baby kisses oh my goodness THE best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not fault any parent who using technology to keep their little ones busy on a flight! Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, WHIP OUT THAT IPAD!! Anything to survive a flight with a little one! Anything! We let our kids watch endless movies on road trips so no judgement here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those soups sound so good! I need to make the cauliflower one. No judgment, have flown with kids and the ipad, snacks, distractions and something to suck on are key. And drinks for the adults toting said kid and maybe the row in front of said kid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soups have been on the menu in our house a lot lately as well! We are thoroughly enjoying the cooler temperatures!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!