{WHW}: Get Cookin'!

Happy Wednesday, friends! MG and I had MLK day off on Monday, and then because of the arctic blast that's taken over our area (literally temps in the teens with windchill below zero), my school district gave a two hour delay Tuesday morning, and we have a teacher workday on Friday. Not a bad week!
Today I'm bringing a recipe to you that I mentioned last week that was seriously SO SO good!
This was an InstantPot recipe, but I think you could make adjustments to make this if you don't have an IP.
Mushroom Stroganoff (recipe c/o Pinterest)
It may not look that pretty, but the flavors are awesome!
What You Need:
~3 Tbsp olive oil
~1/2 red onion, diced
~3 garlic cloves, chopped (1.5tsp minced)
~16 ounces mushrooms, sliced (I used shiitake; you can use cremini or button as well)
~salt
~1/2 tsp pepper
~1/4 Cup white wine (the rest for drinking haha)
~2 Cups veggie or chicken broth
~2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
~1 Tbsp flour
~8 ounces pasta (rotini or penne) "about a scant 3 cups"*
~1/2 C sour cream
 *this was from the original recipe--so I just measured 3 cups of dry pasta and that seemed to work

What You Do:
1. Heat oil on sauce function and then add in the onion, garlic and mushrooms, salt to taste, and pepper. Saute about 8 minutes.

2. Add in the wine (pour yourself a glass and take a sip), broth, mustard and flour. Stir well, add in the pasta, and then stir again.

3. Put the lid on, make sure it's set to sealing and then pressure cook for 3-4 minutes (*or whatever half the cooking time is on the pasta that you're using)

4. Manually release the IP and then stir in the sour cream. Keep on the warm setting of 5-10 minutes so the sauce thickens.

The dish was SO good. I will definitely be making this again as it was simple and easy, but the flavor was incredible. Great as a meatless dish, but I could see eating this with chicken as well.

Link up with Jessi and I and share what you're cooking or what's hap-"pinning" with you!


10 comments:

  1. soooo yum. i totally think you could make this without the IP (since i am slacking). love me some mushroom anything
    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, gimme the pasta! I'd eat pasta over anything any day! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be trying this the "regular" method since I am one of the only people on earth without an instapot! Woo hoo short week! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bookmarking. It seems like it'd be easy to make on the stove!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!!! I love easy recipes like this.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!