Super Fun Weekend and "The Master" movie Review

Happy Monday! I'm coming off of a fun-filled weekend, so it's a little difficult to get back into the swing of things this morning.

Friday night MG and I went down to the Georgetown Waterfront to meet up with some friends for drinks and enjoy the weather. We couldn't have asked for a better night! It was fun to catch up, people watch, and dream about what it would be like to own one of the yachts that were docked nearby.

Saturday MG and I ran some quick errands at Bed Bath and DSW where I came across a pair of shoes that I was super stoked to find in the clearance section. Which meant that I got these pretties for $27:
I've been looking for something like these because I need a good neutral dressy shoe in general, but also to wear with a navy blue dress to an upcoming wedding that I have. Couldn't have been happier with my find!

After errands we were just planning to quickly grab a bite to eat when we stumbled upon Clarendon Day, which is basically a huge outdoor block party/street festival with yummy food, beer/wine, vendors, live music etc. The weather was absolutely perfect so we decided to check out the scene, and while we were there, ran into some of our friends. We spent the day wandering around, and I found this great little jewelry stand and couldn't resist buying this gem:
For $25! It's so perfect and SO up my alley.

I was also eyeing up a pair of earrings and MG was being his super sweet self and decided to purchase them for me:
Don't mind my no make-up face...
I'm excited to wear it all! It was definitely a great day for me in the fashion department :)

After wandering around the outdoor stuff, we all decided to hit up the restaurant Cava Mezze to grab some food and a beverage while checking out their outside patio. This was my 4th time being there (the first time was on MG's and my first date) and the food has always been fabulous! (MG and I joke that the first time we were there the food wasn't as good but it was probably because we were both a little nervous having just met for the first time.) Good company with lots of laughing made it a great day all around.
After a while some rain clouds were rolling in so we all headed our separate ways. MG had been wanting to see the movie The Master and since it had gotten great reviews, we went to check it out.
Let me save you some time. Don't go! It was 2 hours and 15 minutes of wasted time and the weirdest, most confusing, and frustrating movie. The only thing that kept us from leaving in the middle was thinking that at some point it would all make sense. It didn't. 

Joaquin Phoenix does a great job of playing a screwed up guy. Phillip Seymour Hoffman does a good job of playing the role of a "cult" leader. And Amy Adams is a great cult leaders' wife. The acting was good. The movie was horrid.

I should have taken it as a sign when a chick who was trying to get to the seat next to me scooted past me in the row and stepped on my toes. She even chipped my toenail polish. It was downhill from there.

Apparently the movie's supposed to be about Scientology. But if you didn't know that going into the movie, you would never get it on your own. And I'm still not sure I get it even knowing it after the fact.

I may have turned to MG half way through and uttered something along the lines of "I'm going to make you watch the girliest chick flick ever for this..." hehe.

As soon as the screen went to black at the end, MG and I popped up, bolted for the doors, and the first words that came out of my mouth were, "That was the worst movie I've ever seen. Awful." I have absolutely NO idea how this movie has gotten good reviews. It was painful to sit through. Even without the chick stomping on my toes.

The funniest part of the whole experience was that as we were driving home, still reeling over how terrible the movie was to one another, the couple that had been sitting in front of us pulled up next to our car and started sharing our feelings about how terrible the movie was. The woman said she enjoyed my comment at the end. I aim to please :)

Read some of the other reviews if you're interested, but I would NOT recommend this movie, at all.

Sunday was low key. Watched my Skins suck it up on the football field, again. Angry. And now, it's back to the real world!
Head over to Meg's blog and link up for Mingle Monday!

5 comments:

  1. a nude heel is perfect for practically every occasion and outfit. I bought a pair not long ago and I'm always wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the new jewelry! New follower from Mingle Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh okay. i came back for a second look and the necklace IS nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic weekend!! I'm absolutely LOVING those shoes too! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up about the movie ;) I haven't explored Georgetown, but hopefully I can when I'm visiting!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!