Fun Holiday Stuff

Instead of doing a typical Friday Five, I just wanted to share some of the fun holiday stuff that I've seen/gotten, etc.
~My Christmas Elf has been doing the 12 days of Christmas with the number of work days left...and today is day number 1. They've been takes on each day (12 drummers drumming was Drumstick ice cream cones, 5 Golden rings was 5 golden powdered donuts, 2 Turtle doves was a bag of Doves chocolates). I'm curious to see what day 1 is today...and to see who the mysterious Christmas Elf behind this is. I have a feeling I know, but I'm not 100% sure.


~One of my super sweet families (the same ones who got the baby bath toys when she found out I was pregnant), brought in a Christmas gift yesterday. A mason jar filled with granola which is super tasty (and mush less guilt-ridden than the chocolate floating around), and this adorable clothespin ornament! It's the first ornament we have of a family of 3 (minus Coop), and I know that it's one I'll treasure forever because of that sentiment, and the sweet family that it came from.
~Our Christmas card tree is quickly getting filled with all of our family and friends (and my bloggy friends) and I love getting them in the mail every day and seeing everyone's beautiful photos! This Christmas card tree is one of my favorite decor items for the holiday season!
~Speaking of Christmas cards, since ours went out last week, everyone should have gotten them by now, so I thought I'd share this year's card. Last year I did a card of all of our adventures from the year, which I really liked, so I did another card with our adventures from 2016.
I have a feeling next year's card will be heavily baby-centered, so this is the last one of just the two of us!

After all of those happy-inducing things, I'm gonna get on with my Friday so that by 4pm I can start Winter Break! Hope your Friday is cozy, and happy-filled! :)
SaveSave

20 comments:

  1. I totally dropped the ball and forgot to order a card holder this year, so we made a makeshift wreath one...doesn't look the same!! I'm sort of excited to see who your secret elf is too! happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas card this year! Such a great idea to do a lot of pictures on the front! And I really need a good way of displaying my cards like you--I may need to hunt down one of those trees! Have a great Friday! I know we both will haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today has not come soon enough. I am so excited for a few weeks off and I know all the kiddos are ready too. I am obsessed with the clothespin ornament. What a special gift and something you'll cherish forever. Enjoy your day and happy winter break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your card and how it shows pics from the year! This was the first year I haven't displayed ours - I've been putting them in a book! But loving your card tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet ornament! And thank you for our Christmas card; it's on a holder in our kitchen and I get to see y'all's cute faces every morning. ;) Can't wait to see sweet baby G's face on next year's card....eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ornament is so stinkin cute!! What a cute idea! Ornaments are quickly becoming my favorite thing. They'll ALWAYS be used and are perfect for memory keeping! It was so fun pulling out all the ones I bought while we were in DC this summer!

    PS. I'm coming to your part of the country again in June! But this time with a group of students. BUT I think I may be able to sneak away and maybe just maybe come see you and Baby G?! If ya'll are excepting visitors that soon after baby is born anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How darling are your cards :) so sweet Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seriously have the best Christmas Elf ever, can't wait to see what #1 is! Loving your holiday card, yayyyy for Baby G <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Christmas elf is SO creative!! I wish I was that clever! Happy last day for a while; hope it goes fast! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards came out great!! I love the idea of granola for gifts, too. I am so guilty of always giving chocolate, and that is the perfect alternative.

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  11. That ornament is so sweet! Your Christmas cards came out great, a perfect reminder of your wonderful memories you created this year! Have a great weekend and enjoy your last day of work for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Christmas elf is doing a great job!! How sweet of that family to continually do thoughtful things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to find out who your elf is and see everything they got you. I also want to know what #1 is. So cool. Love your Christmas cards!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait, you have the week before Christmas off too?

    That clothespin ornament is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Christmas cards that tell the year's story!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That clothespin ornament is such a cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That clothes pin ornament is so sweet! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How special is that ornament? Definitely something you will treasure forever <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute and creative clothes pin ornament! Love the holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You guys had some great adventures in 2016. Can't wait for your biggest adventure to arrive! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!