{WHW}: Weekend of Twins!

Happy Wednesday--once again I'm recapping our weekend way late, because I just can't get my act together to do it earlier sometimes (most of the time!)
Anyway, our weekend was one that had no plans and ended up being packed full of plans. I kind of like it when that happens.
I got home from work on Friday to what I "lovingly" have dubbed my 'baby making kit'...aka the meds for our next fertility cycle. There were way too many needles in there for my liking.
Our friends Gary and Hanna came over and brought pizza Friday night from a place near their house and it was SO good! Ella ate an entire slice of pizza herself and then carried the crust around the dining room, taking nibbles out. She also decided to move from my lap, onto the dining room table and do a dance. Lord, let this not be a sign of things to come in my daughter's future hahah.
waiting for our friends to arrive
Saturday morning I spent 2.5 hours at a Labcorp waiting to have my blood taken. Let me tell you, this is NOT how anyone should spend their Saturday morning. If you saw my Instagram stories, you saw the lovely (sarcasm) gentleman next to me who decided to pick his nose with his index finger and flick it on the floor. I'm lucky I didn't vomit right then.

MG took Ella to an indoor soft playground and they had a blast while I was being tortured. The cute picture updates helped ease my torture. Slightly.

That night our friends with 2.5 year old twins came over and we grilled up hamburgers and chicken. Ella loved having two older friends to watch, run after and play with! I will say, it is an incredible feat how quickly three children can ransack toys and create utter mayhem, but it was fun to watch. 

Sunday morning Ella started getting another runny nose (our third for the daycare season so far!). We ran errands, had lunch and watched some football while she napped, and then I FINALLY got to meet up with Rachel of Cubicle Couture, her husband, and twins who were in town for a wedding. Luckily the weather was amazing (considering it was supposed to be pouring all weekend) and we grabbed coffee, walked down to the water front and let the kids run around. We got lots of questions about whether they were twins/triplets because they were all dressed in similar colors.
It was really fun to see these three together since we went through the IVF process together, and Rachel had her babies 5 days before I had Ella. And for all of the talking and texting we did through the process, it was great to finally meet face to face, with our little miracles in tow.
Prior to it being taken out, Ella rocked one of her big southern girl bows that she got from Jess@The Newly--finally hair long enough to support this haha
One of my new fave pics of her
So, our weekend of twins was complete! We picked up Chipotle for dinner on the way home, and had  a quiet night in, getting ready for the week ahead. 

Hoping your weekend, and your week so far, have been good, too! Link up with Jessi and I to share what's hap-"pinning" with you!


11 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you begin your next ivf cycle! And I love that bow she has on..definitely the bigger the better ha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bow!! I love it; she looks adorable! Thinking of you as you start this next cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella looks so precious in her bow! Praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh- the infamous baby making box! Hopefully this package brings another miracle!! It was SO great to meet you and Ella and MG in the flesh!!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh look at those sweet babies! baby making kit hehe. you got this! also I love that photo of Ella with the big bow. she's a ham and it's the cutest!
    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad you got a blate in! And E is back into bows again, if you need more big bows Im sending some your way!! Daycare syndrome... it gets better when they get a tad older, but hang in there. Cover her in essential oils and bath her as soon as you get home if you can. it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable are the kiddos! And get it Ella with your entire slice of pizza! Sending lots of hugs and prayers as you begin a new baby journey <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you happy thoughts throughout your IVF process!! Miss Ella is getting so big, and still so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you good thoughts with the IVF, hopefully it works fast and doesn't run you ragged! I love Miss E in her bow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending lots of good thoughts your way!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!