{WHW}: Recipe'ing

Happy Wednesday, friends!
As promised, I'm sharing the super super easy and reeeeeally tasty meal that MG made last week from Damn Delicious.
Originally the recipe was for beef and broccoli, but we changed to chicken because I'm not as big a fan of beef. So, choose to do whichever you'd prefer (and know that it works for both).
What You Need (it looks like a lot, but it's mainly things for the sauce, that you probably have on hand if you've made any Asian dishes before):
~2/3 C soy sauce (we do reduced sodium)
~1/2 C chicken stock
~1/4 C honey
~2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
~2 Tbsp brown sugar
~1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (or 3 cloves)
~1 Tbsp sesame oil
~1 Tbsp corn starch
~1 tsp Sriracha
~1 tsp ground ginger
~1/4 C water
~1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (*we left this out so that Ella could eat it without it being too spicy)
~1 Tbsp olive oil
~1 lb chicken breast cut into chunks (or flank steak thinly sliced)
~1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets

What You Do:
1. Mix all of the ingredients from above through the red pepper flakes (if you're using them) in a medium bowl for the sauce ( soy sauce, chicken stock, honey, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, minced garlic, sesame oil, corn starch, Sriracha, ground ginger, water, red pepper flakes). Set aside.

2. In a skillet, add the olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the chicken (or beef) and cook through.

3. Add in the broccoli and the sauce you mixed. Stir until it thickens and the broccoli softens some. We cooked ours longer so that it would be easier for Ella to eat, as opposed to typical Asian dishes where the broccoli is a little more crisp.

4. Serve it however you like. We did ours over brown rice and the sauce just soaked into it all and made it delicious! 

This made 4 meals for us, with some to share with the kiddo. I didn't take a pic of the finished product in the bowl, with rice, because I ate it too quickly! Oops!

Super quick (about 15 minutes) and incredibly tasty, for the win!

Link up with Jessi and I below and share what's hap-"pinning", or cooking, with you!


10 comments:

  1. it's fine i'm drooling over this. i'd prob do chicken too even though it wouldnt have occurred to me straight away to do that.
    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for this recipe! it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks sooooo good!!! I wonder if this could be done in the instant pot... don't see why not! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of this dish. I would do beef since I have a hard time making chicken, but I love eating it. Or make my husband cook this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will do this for a weeknight meal a lot. Quick and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveee Damn Delicious recipes - every single one I've tried has been delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!!! Damn Delicious has the best recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this with chicken, will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!